Note: I no longer update this site. For more info, please read my Web Hosting Hub review at WHSR.
Based in Virginia Beach, WebHostingHub (WHH) is a new brand established in 2002.
Like most other budget hosting companies, WHH offers only one simple hosting plan – the All-In-One Shared Hosting Plan. And, like most other budget hosting companies, the features at WHH are more or less, which you get to host unlimited websites with unlimited disk storage, unlimited data transfers, unlimited webmail, FTP accounts, MySQL databases, and one-click installation on most popular CMS and web applications. Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that these hosting features are bad.
In fact, these features are very good.
It’s just that they are all the same – WebHostingHub, iPage, JustHost, FatCow, StartLogic, PowWeb, BlueHost, HostMonster – the hosting features by all these well known brands are just the same. It’s meaningless to compare their hosting features.
And, before subscribing into any of these so-called unlimited hosting plans, you need to be aware of one thing, there is no such thing as unlimited hosting. If unlimited hosting is a real option then there is no reason why NASA or Google or Facebook or Yahoo! need to invest millions (if not billions) of dollars into its server infrastructure. Imagine this “Hey look, JustHost is giving out unlimited hosting, let’s move Google.com over to JustHost!” Doesn’t sounds right at all, don’t you think? If you want to learn more about this unlimited hosting issue, please read my old post on WHSR – The Truth About Unlimited Hosting.
WebHostingHub Special Discount
Not all WebHostingHub prices are the same! The original prices of the Hub are $6.95/mo, $7.95/mo, and $8.95/mo for 36/24/12 months subscription. If you think WHH is right for you, it’d be better if you order via my promotion link and get 30 – 60% discount. The discounted prices after activated, are $3.95/mo, $4.95/mo, and $5.95/mo for 36/24/12 months subscription. With my discount link, you’ll get to save some money, and I get to earn a small commission for my review. Win-win!
WebHostingHub Discount – Link Activation
Details: No Code Is Needed, 30 – 60% Price Cut.
What Differ WebHostingHub From The Most Of Rest?
Since (as I said) most popular shared hosting deals are the same thing, the burning question that comes next would be: Why WebHostingHub is in my recommendation list?
Instead of beating on the dead horse again and again like other hosting review sites, I am going to tell you something different – Something different that might affect your decision to go (or not) with the Hub.
There are only five hosting companies I recommend and review on this site. I am not pulling these five names out of random pick. Instead, these five web hosts are selected after some careful considerations based on my eight years experience in web development.
The company WebHostingHub was established and currently managed by the same management of a well known premium web hosting company – the InMotion Hosting. I have been with InMotion for a long time, much longer than I’m with WebHostingHub, and I had some very positive experience with the InMotion team in the past.
What most casual shoppers do not know, is that a lot of (and I mean, really a lot, like most of them now!) well known budget hosting providers are now acquired by a giant business group named Endurance International Group (EIG). Matt Heaton doesn’t own Bluehost and Hostmonster anymore these days; the companies now belong to EIG. So are JustHost, iPage, FatCow, PowWeb, StartLogic, EasyCGI, VPS Link, SuperGreen, and the newcomer Hostgator. All these companies were sold to EIG in the past and managed by EIG now.
Personally I am fine with this scenario – after all, acquisition is the most common practice for growth in business. However, many webmasters I knew do not like that the hosting industry being monopolized by large cooperation. And for this reason, this makes our subject of review, WebHostingHub, a special one as the company is NOT owned nor managed by the big International cooperation.
WebHostingHub Hosting – Benefits
- First Class Customer Supports Budget hosting companies often come with after-sales services that sucks (if there’s any at all); but, that’s not the case at WebHostingHub. The Hub inherits the good practice from InMotion Hosting (it’s parent company) and provide excellent supports in both sales and technical.
The Hub provides 24×7, United States based, sales and technical supports through live chat, community forum, email and phone. I have asked for help from the Hub’s supports a few times in the past – trust me, the customer service department is nothing but A-class.
- User Friendly And Great Site Migration Features Well, Hub’s tag line pretty much says it all: “Get Your Website Online In Minutes”. It is extremely easy to setup a new website with WebHostingHub; and furthermore, the Hub comes with an awesome feature – the No Down-time Transfer. Customers who are shifting over from another web host will get a temporary ‘platform’ to setup and test your sites before you make the actual move (something like the Staging Area at WP Engine).
- Instant Account Activation WebHostingHub allows users to get started once the payment is made – great feature for those who want their hosting account ready instantly.
- Advance Security with w/suPHP w/suPHP is not a common feature I see in budget hosting. This makes the Hub stands out from others – especially to those who want extra site protections.
- Longest Full Refund Trial Period WebHostingHub offers 90 days full refund trial period. Hub customers get to refund their money paid (excluding domain registration fees and SSL certificates fees if any) in full if they cancel their account on the first 90 days.
- Lack Of Server Upgrade Option Sadly, like iPage, FatCow, BlueHost and many other budget hosting providers, shared server hosting is all you can get at WebHostingHub.
- Charges On Account Backups Sites hosted on WebHostingHub are not backup automatically by default. In order to have your sites backed up at the Hub, you’ll need to pay $1 extra per month for the feature " Automatic-Account-Backup".
My Experience With WebHostingHub Hosting
At this point of writing, I have been with WebHostingHub for more or less six months and my experience are all good. For a web host that costs less than $5 per month, Hub’s Dell-powered is responding at a very satisfying speed. Further, the web host is acting much reliable than I anticipated – Pingdom send me monthly site uptime report and the Hub is constantly scoring 99.95% and above.
Also, I would specially mention that the account activation process at the WebHostingHub was remarkably smooth and quick. I got my activation email, login details, and hosting account ready as soon as I give in my credit card information. Such smooth transition is vital especially to newbies.
Conclusion – Who Should Go With WebHostingHub
Any webmasters or bloggers who want cheap hosting solution should consider hosting their sites at WebHostingHub. Low price tag, reliable servers, topnotch customer service, 90 days full refund policy, and my exclusive special discount link – it is difficult not to love WebHostingHub as a budget finder.
To order or visit WebHostingHub online, follow: http://www.webhostinghub.com